anne frank/ diary
Anne Frank's diary is a powerful story of how a family survived the Holocaust living in an attic, fearing for their lives but still holding hope and relishing their journey together. She narrates about two years of her life, from her thirteenth birthday to around after she turned fifteen, and writes about innocent things such as how she feels about boys, her friends, and her school. However, her diary turns heartbreaking as she undergoes family closeness but also problems with her mother. This goes to affect her in all areas of life when she questions how her own mother feels about her. Anne goes on to say at the beginning of the book, "I hope I will be able to confide everything to you, as I have ever been able to confide in anyone, and I hope you will be a great source of comfort and support.". This diary was a healing process for her and a way to digest all of the events she encountered in her years of living.
Comments
Post a Comment